I would like to start this early morning by honoring my greatest hero of all times, Tony Sopranos. James Gandolfini (the person behind the character) passed away two weeks ago at the very young age of 51. Probably one of the reasons why I always loved the show is because as an entrepreneur I feel so related to him. In the show James plays a very distressed mob boss, dealing with everyday problems in his personal and work related life. Just like an entrepreneur a mob boss is dealing with every day issues like finding the right team to get the job done, cashflow, going out their being feared and killing the competitors, making their lives miserable and stealing market share the hard way… So why do I bring this up in a meeting report from BNI? Because joining a BNI chapter is a little bit like joining the mob where you have all your fellow captains discussing their every day issues every week while closing a pact on how you will give all you can to help and support each other’s business. When you carefully listen to the rules and most importantly obey them, you will be part of a great team that will help you grow your business and make sure piece by piece you can steal some market share from your competitors. And make sure you attend all meetings because…
‘A man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man!” -Don Corleone-
Network education is an indispensable part of our meetings. Currently this part is executed perfectly by our very own Mr. Mike Darnell. The topic today, 12 ways on how to be a great leader! My personal favorite in those 12, “The Job of a leader is to help teams to continue to win!”. And than almost as a closure, “Leadership starts by giving, not by asking favors!”. What a suitable quote perfectly in line with the BNI guidelines.
Networking Leader Focus
No networking leaders this week, more excitement next week as we will choose 2 of them.
60 Secs Sales Presentations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Daniel Koeppel – Thai based plastic manufacturers like PTT, looking for decision makers inside the company.
- Designer’s Field – Factory around 600 Sqm in one of the BOI zone’s.
- IBSbeauty – Award-winning spa and cosmetic product lines / brands.
- Limcharoen – Companies with email battles and need a third party to consolidate.
- Midas Public Relations – Companies that need fantastic PR coverage, moreover in the luxury- and multinational environment.
- PKF - Mid-sized companies that need payroll services.
- Ramburi – Connection with Boots purchasing department and a supplier for POS materials.
- Marvin Suites – People looking to rent a condo in Suk. 20. Big manufacturers in Europe and US looking to export to Thailand.
- Sawadee Travel – Lufthansa City Center – Expats that are having travel arrangement problems.
- SouthEastAsiaImages.com – Looking for art directors and big ad agencies.
- Swiftlet – Sales Managers, Marketing Directors, Service Providers that still not have any idea about what a CRM system can do for them.
- Vimi – Companies looking to increase the effect of their content driven marketing.
Our visitors today were Neil, Lutz and Jeab. Any new upcoming members among them?
Chapter Committee’s Report
- Up to date we did already 11,388,824 THB with our chapter! Who would not like to be a part of that?
We are looking for the following professions to join our chapter:
- Hotel Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Media Buyers
- Renewable Energy (who is not looking for this?)
This week we have David Lawrence, Partner at Limcharoen – What many of us maybe did not know, is that David has a background in science. He even has a “molecule” named after him, the Lawrencium. And that many years before he was born. Wow, I always know he was good at creating explosions! Just like his presentation… Currently his firm represents 6 offices in three different countries. He also explains what a lawyer exactly is with a very impressive good/bad list. Most of the bad words describe “the other lawyer”. So remember, the other side is always bad! When you are dealing with agreements, always consult a lawyer, as he will find something, either something that is not in your benefit, or works the opposite way like you intended.
David is looking for the iPod…
“I”ndividuals / Businesses
Next in line…
- Kevin Maes – 18 July
- Varin Sachayan – 25 July
- Nut Mindscape – 1 Aug
Key Notes from the week…
- “Nobody is born perfect!” -Mike Darnell-
- “Let’s increase our 60 seconds from now on to 600 seconds.” -Daniel Frick-
- “The other side is always bad!” -David Lawrence”
To be continued…